Thursday, November 18, 2010

10 Intelligent Reason for Buying an Iphone 4

Most Window users prefer either a Windows phone 7 or Google Android for the simple reason that it is not an Apple device. In fact anything related to Apple is usually considered a consumer market device and anyone who buys an Apple product is usually an uninformed buyer or an idiot.

If you show an Android user a fantastic IPhone App, they will either say "its stupid!" because it hasn't been ported over to Android or conversely say "Android has it and their phone only cost half as much as your IPhone".

Most buyers are uninformed and for most, it is a no-brainer that the IPhone is the phone to get but it usually because a co-worker, neighbor, friend or family member has bought one.

The usual response on

Q. why did you buy the IPhone 4?
A. it was hard to get so I had to pre-order mine.

So I have decided that it is time for all IPhone users to upgrade their credibility and provide an infallible quip for any Apple haters.

I've spent over 30 years on various PC, pocket PC's, Windows Mobile, linux open source and I know why I bought an IPhone 4 and it is not because everyone has one.

So lets begin... remember lying is acceptable when defending yourself against the Androids
  1. My IPhone 4 $20 corporate plan came with a great unlimited data plan, 400 phone minutes with unlimited long distance but the package was only with an IPhone 4.
  2. I needed a particular app (you have to do some research on what apps are available to only the IPhone 4 and not on Android) e.g. Tom Tom GPS software and Air Video, both are apps that the Android currently does not support. Although Google Maps with voice is the alternative on Android but it still requires the internet for accessing GPS maps. Tom Tom is a standalone app that does not require internet access which allows you to use it outside your country without paying for the $3 a MB charge.
  3. I am using both Mac devices an IPhone and an IPad and I needed my apps to run on both. Currently there are only one upcoming Android device that might be an IPad killer but it might be at least a year before Android Pads and Android phones work harmoniously together.
  4. I am a Doctor that only medical software runs on the IPad and IPhone. A lot of apps are being developed for the Medical field due to the portability of the IPad.
  5. I want to watch my downloaded movies on my IPhone anywhere, streamed from my home server. Currently only the IPhone and IPad supports Air Video that streams and converts in real time to a format that is playable on both IPhone and IPad. This app is still in development on Android.
  6. I got my IPhone for $50 compared to the $100 Android phone. When asked where? tell them that your Uncle Bob that works at Bell got you this great plan.
  7. I am a software developer and in the process of converting my Android apps over to the Apple Platform.
  8. My company is paying for the phone and has converted from Palm/Blackberry to the IPhone. Most Android users will rate users of a Palm and Blackberry's below that of IPhone. So it is a step up and stating that your company is paying for it means that you didn't have a choice in your selection; unless you own your own company but even then if you say it quick enough they may not realize or remember that you are self employed.
  9. I really wanted the HTC Desire but it was too expensive but I found this IPhone 4 on craigslist for only a $100. I think it is stolen, but I bought it anyway...
  10. I buy all the phones as they come out just to play with them. I am only carrying the IPhone 4 because it was the last phone that I tested. The HTC desire is still in the box waiting for me to do a un-boxing video.

I won't guarantee that an Android user will believe you or find any of the above reasons to be acceptable; therefore you must be prepared to refute any arguments they may have by doing the research before buying the IPhone 4.

My reasoning was that my corporate plan was expiring and in order to keep it I had to renew and since I will be adding data to my $20/month plan, I figure that IPhone 4 would be a great play around phone for the next 3 years.

Also I am looking into developing for the Apple platform, seeing if I can be the creator of the next "got to have" app for the IPhone; although this is more dubious in acceptability then "I am a doctor that needs doctor apps".

If none of the above reasoning are acceptable and if you have to make up an excuse, just don't say "oh I had to have that nice shiny thin phone"!

If in doubt, just smile and say nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment